Tuesday, October 7, 2008

PTU: Police Tactical Unit, Generous Colleague


A guy from work just popped over to my desk, dropping off what looks to be one of the most awesome movies I will have seen in a while. (Well, most awesome movie that I'll be watching for the first time. Let's not get crazy.)

It's an insane-looking Hong Kong action movie called "PTU: Police Tactical Unit" from director Johnnie To, and from the back it reads:

Acclaimed director Johnnie To ("Election") scores again with this action-packed thriller, nominated for 10 Hong Kong Film Awards. When an obnoxious detective loses his gun to four young thugs, it's up to the Police Tactical Unit and their iron-willed leader to recover the weapon and clean up the mess before daybreak. What follows is "sheer over-the-top delirium" (Frank Scheck, Hollywood Reporter), as their mission intersects with a gangland assassination that threatens to ignite an all-out war. Gripping and unpredictable, PTU is a masterpiece of stylized cool and explosive action.
Have I found another "Old Boy"??!! ("Kidnapped for No Reason, Well There's Always a Reason") How exciting.

PTU Trailer is here. I'm sure I ought to be concerned that my coworker was perusing his DVD collection, saw this movie and thought of me. Oh well.

1 comment:

Paramendra Kumar Bhagat said...

"I'm sure I ought to be concerned that my coworker was perusing his DVD collection, saw this movie and thought of me. Oh well."

:-)