Monday, June 1, 2009

Gene Wilder, Richard Pryor: "See No Evil, Hear No Evil" ... What a Good Friend's Meant to Be

Oh, my, I'd forgotten ... this is one of my favorite scenes from growing up. "See No Evil, Hear No Evil" -- a blind Richard Pryor and a deaf Gene Wilder. God, it's so good.




Here's to no sleep, and movies that came out when I was 6. And, Lord have Mercy, there's a very, very effeminate Kevin Spacey lurking about the movie as well.

Oh, and the movie's all the more endearing because Gene Wilder's character became deaf after a fluke run-in with Scarlet Fever, something I had junior year of college. No one gets that these days, given people's tendency to go to the doc when they feel ill, buuuuuttttt, I thought it better to just wait until red spots started to show up on my forearms; once the spots went up to the face, then I swiftly skipped class and held my head low as I walked through the streets to the hospital.

Vanity.

No comments: