Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Slice: Movieclips.com, Heavenly-Dire Clips, Time-Suck

Last week, the movie gods unveiled a sweet online paradise when Movieclips.com went live. I was straight off the heels of remembering my first (and, hopefully, last) layoff from a corporate behemoth, The Blerg, and I was looking for fictitious commiseration. This website provides cinephiles like myself with most anything they need.


You can hover over the tiny icons that promise a minute or two of your favorite movie scenes; it suggests a bunch beneath your search results to entertain yourself while your specific movie-choice loads.


While we close PopSci for February, I've been checking out some favorite scenes of telling the "Haters. Gonna Hate." (see above animation) of the corporate world to go shove off.


See below iterations of a couple fun movies from the past decades, where the characters tell their bosses and/or stories of their disillusionment--and their desire to QUIT.


Lordy, me, the resolution and nice capsulized versions of these bits gives me goosebumps. Please check out the Movieclips site, yourself.



"Half Baked"



Steve Martin, in "Parenthood": ("I have been KILLING myself, aren't you Dazzled?")"a3378e13c236db439401a8e6020aa428fe203335","url":"http://cdn.movieclips.com/swf/controlbar.gm.galious-3.1.1.7.swf","autoHide": "always","hideDelay": "2000","clipMode": false},"rtmp": {"url":"http://cdn.movieclips.com/swf/flowplayer.rtmp-3.1.3.swf","netConnectionUrl":"rtmp://media.movieclips.com/ondemand/" }}}">



A seven-figure settlement in "Office Space." This is from YouTube, since the MC site is giving me errors (it could be my fiddling with the html so it won't Autoplay), but ... I can't watch/relate this scene enough. It's brilliant. I work hard and very, very well at PopSci; at The Blerg, I was Peter:


And, finally, a new tawdry favorite, "Wanted" scene:

No comments: